Thursday, July 28, 2011

Authentic to the Core

One of my most favorite authors is Charles Swindoll. In his book Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life, he wrote: "The very best platform upon which we may build a case for Christianity at work rests on six massive pillars: integrity, faithfulness, punctuality, quality workmanship, a pleasant attitude, and enthusiasm."

I'm afraid that the platform is crumbling beneath many today. Think about it, how many people can check more than one of these six character traits off the list in their performance plan as being "exceeds expectations"?

In my youth I observed many people in my life who exhibited these traits. I esteemed them then and still reflect on the lessons I learned from their lives.

If you have someone you know who has these qualities - tell them thank you! We each need to recognize authentic Christian living!

No comments:

Post a Comment