Monday, October 3, 2011

A Walk in the Park

I joined some fellow associates for a volunteer event on Saturday to clean up a park trail. We visited South Mountains State Park in Connelly Springs, NC. Visit the site: http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/somo/main.php

The weather was nice and a little cool but a perfect day for picking up litter and a walk in the park. I had never been to this park before but I will go back.

There are trails for everyone - even horses! What I liked most was reaching the site of a beautiful waterfall. I love to walk the trails in state parks anywhere and plan visits where there are waterfalls. Below are a few pictures captured from my cell phone.

This photo doesn't do justice
to the size of the waterfall.
The water is clean enough to drink where there is a flow.

Man made steps down a steep trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment