Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reserved Parking



I sit in the car at shopping centers and read a book while my mother-in-law does her shopping. While I'm waiting I observer all sorts of people who park in "no parking" areas or "special parking" spaces. I live close to a university and the students were back in town and shopping at the closest grocery store. I observed three young males unload out of a large pickup and laughing out loud because they had just parked in a space that was clearly marked "parking reserved for parents with young children"

Just minutes later a young woman parked in the first slot closest to the store clearly marked "special parking". She located her "special parking" tag from the seat and hung it on the mirror. She got out and fixed her hair using the car window as a mirror and walked right in to the store without a care in the world.

It just irks me that people feel they deserve to park in these "special places"!

No comments:

Post a Comment