Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In His Presence


Moses became well acquainted with the children of Israel during their forty-year journey to the Promised Land. They had fallen into sin on numerous occasions and strayed from God’s commandments. Moses and the people sensed God’s displeasure and they began to repent. After reading this account from Exodus 33 I began to recall what I felt like as a child being sent to my room and out of the presence of my parents for some act of disobedience. Separation from the presence of a loved one for a short time proved to be beneficial in the end.

The times I most sense the Lord’s presence is during trials when my own stubbornness is exposed. When I find myself in these immovable moments I am forced to pour out my heart to the Lord and beg for His mercy. I remind Him of His promises and ask Him to carry me through in spite of my sinful ways. It is reassuring to feel the warmth of His grace cover my weary soul; His presence passes over me and I am renewed.


No comments:

Post a Comment