Saturday, June 25, 2011

Shut In

If you attend church somewhere you may know some senior saints. Some may no longer be able to get out to church any longer so we call them "shut in". Once in a while I will give one a phone call to say hello. They are so happy to be remembered. They often share stories of the past and how wonderful the "good ole" days were and then turn to the drone of current events that leave them waiting for that trumpet sound. Today was a good reminder for me that I need to stay in touch with our shut ins more often. They know we live busy lives but theirs were so much harder than ours. One day I'll be a shut in and will be sitting by the phone longing for it to ring and hear my name called out from a friendly voice. If this note gave you a gentle reminder - don't wait till another day - call that someone that just flashed in your mind. It will make their day and yours also!

No comments:

Post a Comment